Sunday 30 September 2012

nothing really new

So, not much has really happened in the last week. I went to lunch with some friends on Wednesday which was fun, then I walked home... it took 50 minutes. On Friday, I saw a movie in the theatre with my French class, but it was a German movie with French subtitles. I didn't really understand anything but I'll see if I can find an English version just so I know what they will be talking about in French class. Also on Friday, I spent my spare block in a free wheelchair lesson. (I was the best in the group!) I now know how to properly manuver a wheelchair. I've watched a lot of Pretty Little Liars and plan to continue this. I've also eaten my weight in sugar this weekend... I'm going to have to slow down on desserts for awhile I think! Last night I ate so much, I thought I could be sick! Haha ~ not good! Oh! And I realized my French really is slowly improving! I can now hear the difference between most words and I'm starting to pick out words or phrases that I recognize in conversation, although usually if I recognize something, the sentence has moved on before I have time to translate it. I really need to hold off on English at school too. It's slowing me down, with the language and with friends.

There's a party on Saturday I have permission to go to! Sandrine is going to call Christophe (Lais' host father and my future host father) to sort out sleeping arrangements. I need a gift idea for my friend... he's turning 19... if anyone has any good birthday present ideas for a 19 year old boy, please let me know!

Lastly, I'd just like to say... I used to like France a lot! But now, I love France. I don't know what happened, but sometime this weekend, I fell in love with the country. Everyone should come to France and live here for a little bit at least once in their life. It's aboslutely amazing. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment