Wednesday 26 December 2012

Pictures and Paris Day 1

So, today I arrived in Paris!!


We walked around the streets all afternoon and I honestly fell in love with it. IN LOVE. I want to live here. I really do. It's the most beautiful city I have ever seen in my whole life.

Today I saw the hall of famous French people... it's actually a building with the graves (like yes... the real bodies) of famous people like Napoleon and the kings and queens. We didn't go inside but it was beautiful, the exterior. Lots of sculptures and statues. I guess that was really my first site to see in Paris (if you don't include the Eiffel tower I saw from a far distance on the highway driving into the town.


We also saw one of those old circle fields with sand (no, not a sand box) where people in the middle ages would have fights, and tigers would fight, or, if you're from Canada you may remember studying something where something special happened in those circle rings? That's a really bad description and my photos aren't good but it was old and cool!

Then we saw the Seine. Looks just like the movies (but less shiny because everything is shiny in movies). Why this surprised me, I'm not sure. Maybe because I wasn't really thinking about the Seine and comparing it to movies until I saw it in real life? But I could almost picture James Bond or the dad from Taken doing epic massive jumps from the bridges to boats.


NOTRE DAME!! AGGHHHHHH SO BEAUTIFUL! It's so much more beautiful in person! You have to see it! I just LOVED IT. I really wanted to go inside but there was a crazy long line. Oh well, another time I suppose. Still so beautiful. More beautiful than pictures or movies... the real thing is something else.




After Notre Dame, we walked around some streets, popped into some stores and then visited the justice building! We had to be security checked to enter and I set off the alarm because of my boots!


Paris is just beautiful. I have pictures for my other blog post but I think I will just upload those in Lannion. Bon nuit tout le monde!

No comments:

Post a Comment